[Tweeters] KC Sandhill Cranes

Larry Schwitters lpatters at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 15 12:14:12 PDT 2005

Tweeters,

I welcomed Thursday's sunset laying on a log at the base of Lillian
Falls, hoping to catch some Black Swifts coming home for the evening.
This is just SE of Snoqualmie Pass.  For company there was a very tame
pair of Harlequin Ducks on Lake Laura.  A little before nine I noted a
pair of very large birds headed north at probably 6000 feet: Sandhill
Cranes!  Now what the heck are they up to.

We also have seven more Black Swift notches to carve in our ice ax.

Larry Schwitters
Issaquah