[Tweeters] Bobolink photos on my website

Denny Granstrand dgranstrand at charter.net
Sun Jul 17 20:58:13 PDT 2005

Hi Tweeters,

Several members of the Yakima Valley Audubon Society are monitoring
Bobolinks in the area west of the Toppenish National Wildlife Refuge,
working with biologists from the Yakama Nation.  This morning John Hebert
took me into the field west of Lateral C and north of Toppenish Creek.

We found a loose flock of about 20 Bobolinks consisting of two males and
the rest females and juveniles.  Photos of one male and two juveniles are
in the new photos folder on my website.  The male has starting molting into
its basic (winter) plumage and is looking pretty scruffy.

Denny Granstrand
Yakima, WA

                  * Denny Granstrand *
                      * Yakima, WA *
             * dgranstrand at charter.net *
* Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
            http://granstrand.net/gallery/