[Tweeters] Lesser Sandplover directions

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Mon Jul 18 08:39:29 PDT 2005

If you are thinking of making the long twitch to see the LESSER
SANDPLOVER in Oregon:

Assuming you are coming from the north on Hwy 101, just before you
cross the bridge over the Neawanna at the north end of town turn left
(that's east) onto the road across from the pizza castle.  Stay right
on Wahanna Rd and then turn left into the parking lot of the mega-
church.  Park in the Southeast corner and walk to the edge of the
wetlands.  Please also be on your best behavior, we have permission
to watch the bird from the church property and we don't want to
make any bad impressions that change that relationship.  Thank you.

I should also note that there was a Lesser Sandplover in Humboldt Co.
Maybe this could be an invasion year.  It's probably worth going
through your own local Semipalmated Plover flocks for a Washington
record....

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR
celata at pacifier.com

Beginner's Luck.... on the science and serendipity of finding stuff
http://www.surfbirds.com/blogs/mbalame/archives/002787.html