[Tweeters] Re: a troubling chapter

Kelly Cassidy lostriver at completebbs.com
Mon Jul 18 10:15:19 PDT 2005

I agree with Mike Patterson. To my knowledge, no one has ever been
prosecuted for picking up a feather. It's like the deer poaching laws. You
can't scrape up a road-killed deer without a tag or a collecting permit.
Otherwise, deer poachers would claim all of their poached deer were
mercy-killings of deer injured in traffic accidents.

The eagle feather laws are mainly a nuisance to museums because, in those
special cases, it's tough even for museums to keep the feathers.

Kelly Cassidy
Pullman, WA
mailto:lostriver at completebbs.com