[Tweeters] Ptarmigan Ridge

Larry Schwitters lpatters at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 18 21:26:02 PDT 2005

Tweeters,

Sunday found us up at the Mt Baker Ski Resort looking for the mystery
trail that heads down Well's Creek and close to Mazama Falls.  As the
route skirts Ptarmigan Ridge we figured we might have a chance of
running into one of those fowl.  Not only didn't we find the trail, we
saw 0 birds.  It wasn't just no Ptarmigans.  It was no swifts, no
swallows, no robins, no nothing.  Zero.  Zip.  Pretty strange.  The
strangeness continues.  As we were leaving the ski area guess what's
walking down the road.  Yup, a White-tailed Ptarmigan.

Larry Schwitters
Issaquah