[Tweeters] Damon Point Say's Phoebe

Charlie Wright c.wright7 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 23:23:26 PDT 2005

Hello All:
Fred Boesche and I went out to the coast today (26 July) in fine weather. We
birded between Ocean Shores and Tokeland. Shorebird numbers were
disappointing, but there was good diversity with 15 species and most of the
expected species in the expected places. The only major surprise was not a
shorebird: a Say's Phoebe was at the end of the washed-out pond on Damon
Point, flycatching from driftwood and dead sticks. A very odd place to see
this species in July. Also there was a single Dunlin at the Ocean Shores
Game Range.

Cheers
Charlie Wright
Bonney Lake, Washington