[Tweeters] Jaeger Whidbey Island

Steve Ellis sellis at coup.wednet.edu
Thu Jul 28 14:40:31 PDT 2005

Yesterday evening ( 7/27):
 I had a terrific view of an adult light phase Parasitic Jaeger flying over
Penn Cove. I was able to follow it through the scope for a couple of miles
before losing it in the sun. This is my 1st July sighting of any jaeger
species on Whidbey Island. Other  sightings included the usual guillemots,
Rhinoceros Auklets,  Common Murres, Caspian Terns.
  Partridge Point: 2 Marbled Murrelets ( a life bird for a visiting
Nebraskan birder)
  Ebey's Landing: 1 Red-throated Loon in alternate (breeding) plumage
complete with the red throat. Also 3 Harlequin ducks.
   Keystone Ferry Breakwater: Large flock of Heerman's Gulls.
   Keystone Spit: Adult Peregrine Falcon making off with a peep.
 The gentleman I was showing around recorded 6 lifers in 2 hours.
Penn Cove: Harbor Seal with pup (way cute!).
Steve Ellis
Coupeville, Wa
sellis at coup.wednet.edu