[Tweeters] Seattle Merlins

Sam Terry samgterry at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 21:36:44 PDT 2005

Hi Tweeters,

Minutes before I read Bud Anderson's post on
city-nesting Merlins, I saw a Merlin flying S fairly
high over the Madrona neighborhood in central Seattle
(July 26th).

In addition, on July 9th I saw two Merlins flying E
over the same area. They were calling and it appeared
that one may have been chasing the other. These
two sightings were within one city block of each
other about 1 mile S of the Arboretum.

This is not near the areas Bud mentioned recieving
Seattle Merlin reports from. Seems like birders in the
general vicinty should keep an eye and ear out.

Good birding,

Sam Terry
Seattle