[Tweeters] Black Swift 2004 Survey Report Now Posted

Michael Shepard mgshepard at pacificcoast.net
Thu Jun 2 12:42:22 PDT 2005

Greetings,

We've now posted our summary report of 2004 Black Swift observations in
British Columbia, accessible from www.birdinfo.com/recentpostings.html

The report only includes info from British Columbia, as we received almost
none from elsewhere.  A big exception was the whack of historical data that
Phil Wegener kindly provided for Whatcom County WA.

There haven't been too many reports so far this year, but the birds did seem
to arrive synchronously about May 23 throughout British Columbia.

We will be continuing to track Black Swift observations this year, so would
much appreciate receiving all reports (all of North America), preferably on
our database forms.  We are primarily interested in reports of larger swift
gatherings in order to document foraging and migration patterns.

Quite a number of researchers and inventory biologist are studying breeding
ecology of Black Swifts in western North America, so we are not trying to
duplicate their efforts.

Thank you.

Michael G. Shepard and Paul Levesque
www.birdinfo.com