[Tweeters] CROSSBILLS AND HERONS

Pinyonwren at aol.com Pinyonwren at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 17:13:19 PDT 2005

COULD ANYONE OFFER SOME GUIDELINES AS TO HOW CLOSE TO APPROACH A GBH
ROOKERY?MY WIFE AND I WERE ENJOYING THE LITTLE GUYS(THEY REMIND ME OF LITTLE
(BEAKERS-the comic strip one) off of the highway out of Elbe and it sure  was
tempting to go closer. We were probably 200yds.away.And that brings me to my  next
question,We stopped at a little park on the shore  of Alder Lake and noticed
some birds being very active in the tops of  the Cottonwoods,got the scope on
them and found Red Crossbills-so what the  heck were they doing there or is this
normal?Thanks in advance
PATRICK NELSON JR.
EATONVILLE,WA.
MAIL  TO:PINYONWREN at AOL.COM