[Tweeters] Robin-like song- Seward Park

Mason Flint masonflint at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:06:24 PDT 2005

Michael Hobbs pointed out a few weeks back that the Cornell Laboratory of
Ornithology site has a pretty good library of bird songs. The song(s) of the
black-headed grosbeak can vary quite a bit but the sample at the link below
gives you a sense of how it sounds a bit like American Robin.

Take a listen and see if this sounds like what you heard.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/programs/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Black-head
ed_Grosbeak.html#sound

Mason Flint
Snoqualmie, WA