[Tweeters] African bird nest

Denny Granstrand dgranstrand at charter.net
Wed Mar 9 20:54:59 PST 2005

Hi Tweeters,

I was watching a program on The History Channel half an hour ago, titled
Nature's Engineers" and it showed the most unusual bird nest I have
seen. It was made by a weaver in Africa. It was about 30 inches long with
the nest chamber at the top. Most of the nest was a tube about 4 inches in
diameter. The opening was at the bottom. The nest chamber curved off to
one side at the top and dropped down just a little. It was all amazingly

Anyone have an idea what species makes a nest like that?

* Denny Granstrand *
* Yakima, WA *
* dgranstrand at charter.net *
* Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *