[Tweeters] Boreal Owl at Reifel?

Wayne C. Weber contopus at telus.net
Wed Mar 16 14:41:58 PST 2005

Bryan and Tweeters,

As of 2:30 PM today, Wednesday, when I phoned the office at the Reifel
Bird Sanctuary, the BOREAL OWL was still roosting in the same tree. I
think chances are good that it will remain for at least another couple
of days.

A point of clarification about visiting hours at Reifel: the refuge is
actually open from 9 AM to 5 PM, but visitors are discouraged from
entering after 4 PM, so that everyone will be out by 5. (The gate is
usually half-closed after 4.) Also, the office opens at 9 AM, same
time as the gate is open.

Good luck to anyone looking for the owl!

Wayne C. Weber
Delta, BC
contopus at telus.net