[Tweeters] Owling Equipment?

Guy McWethy lguy_mcw at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 16:08:24 PST 2005

my interest in Owls has been re-kindled this past
year, and I am giving thought to getting serious about
looking for them this summer and fall.

To that end, what gear recomendations can ya'll make
in terms of audio and lighting ?(I was thinking IPod
and small speaker and battery powered spotlight)

And what specific recomendations can I get about the
ethics of pursuing owls at night with a spotlight?
What specific tactics and pitfalls should I avoid? Is
there a way to look for owls with call play-back and
powerful spotlights that will not unduly disturb them?

Anybody out there willing to "show me the ropes" and
let me tag along on some owling expeditions, or shall
I stumble and bumble along into this on my own?

Any tips and recomendations would be greatly
Guy McWethy

Guy McWethy
Renton, WA
mailto: lguy_mcw at yahoo.com