[Tweeters] Another stint viewer

Alan and Wendy Roedell roedell at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 11 22:03:28 PST 2005

Hi tweets,

Wendy and I joined several other happy birders at the soon-to-be-famous
Ocean Shores STP just before the attendant warned us that the gates would
close in 5 minutes. We were next to two gentlemen from Eugene OR who had
driven up in the afternoon to look for this charmer from the East.

I hope that everyone who likes birds will make the pilgrimage to see this
beauty. It was well worth the 3.5 hour trip from Seattle for us and I
believe hundreds will make the trip from thousands of miles away and feel it
was worth it.

Three cheers for Ruth and Patrick, (the Lewis and Clark of our birding
world) who discovered it, documented it, and spread the word to the rest of
us who will benefit from their considerable and constant efforts to search
out the notable and rare birds that give us joy.

Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray!

Good birding,

Alan Roedell, Seattle, <roedell at speakeasy.net>