[Tweeters] Coastal birding trip

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Mon Nov 21 12:32:03 PST 2005

Hi Everyone,

We spent the weekend on the outer coast and observed a few goodies. On 19
November at Tokeland, a single Bar-tailed Godwit was in with the hundreds of
Marbleds. This was along the shore south of the marina just after high tide.
Bobbing and flycatching in the wrack here was a Palm Warbler.

On the 20th at Midway Beach, we noted a single Glaucous Gull bathing with
other gulls in the freshwater (?) pool) back from the beach. We made a loop
on foot around this area and saw no plovers of any type.

On the 20th also, we focused on finding White-tailed Kite, both at Chinook
and Julia Butler NWR, but turned up none. Anyone else had any luck with this
species in the past few weeks in southwestern Washington?

Andy and Ellen  Stepniewski
Wapato WA
steppie at nwinfo.net