[Tweeters] Tropical Kingbird in Pacific co

Alan Richards & Ann Musche' mrm at willapabay.org
Sun Nov 20 12:24:51 PST 2005

Greetings All,

Today, 11/20/05, between 11 AM & noon, Ann Musche' and I observed a
Tropical Kingbird near the south end of Knappton Rd in Naselle, Pacific
county, WA. Ann, along with our friend Thea Pyle, first spotted the bird
at about 11 AM. They came home to get me, and we returned to the site. We
took photos of the bird and heard its high metallic twittering call four
times during our time of observation. The kingbird was catching many
insects, including termites and some other similarly-sized bugs. It was
still flycatching and perching in nearby trees and on wires between
catches, when we left.

Location: just north of milepost 9 on SR 401 (between Astoria and Naselle),
turn east onto Knappton Rd. The bird was perched on wires & flycatching
about a quarter- to half-mile north of the turn, along Knappton Rd.

Alan Richards / Naselle WA 98638