[Tweeters] great horned owls

Jody Breckenridge jbreckenridge at r2usa.com
Tue Oct 11 13:00:38 PDT 2005

On Saturday I had four great horned owls calling from the woods around my
property (two male/female pairs).  To clarify, it started with the usual
single owl calling throughout the afternoon, who was joined by a mate by
late afternoon.  These two have been around for a couple of seasons.  By
dusk, another pair (male/female) began calling from further away.  All four
continued calling for another hour or so as the darkness settled in.  I
eventually went inside so I don't know how long it continued.  Nice treat
though!  First time I've heard four at once.

-jody

Jody Breckenridge, north of Monroe
Rural Snohomish County