[Tweeters] updated photos and yard birds

Ruth and/or Patrick Sullivan godwit at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 22 10:53:31 PDT 2005

Hello Tweets,

We have placed 13 new photos onto our website of sightings taken yesterday at Ocean Shores. These species include a portion of the flock of 12 Greater White-fronted Geese at the Ocean Shores Golf Course, Dunlin in flight at Damon Point,a portion of the flock of 9 Pacific Golden Plovers at the Damon Point"pond",and a Long-billed Dowitcher at the Oyhut Wildlife Area. While taking photos of the Pacific Golden Plovers they remained very alert,so as a result from "spooking"them we kept our distance.These updated photos can be viewed at the following link:  http://www.pbase.com/godwit/october05photos/

In addition we observed  a few nice species in our  active yard this morning between 7:30am-9am including a late Black-throated Gray Warbler and a single Townsend's Warbler observed together amongst a mixed flock of other passerines in our front yard. Other notable species for our yard included the following:

4 Band-tailed Pigeons
3-4 Anna's Hummingbirds
1 pair of  Downy Woodpeckers
4 Northern Flickers