[Tweeters] Greenlake Green Heron

Scott Baron brnpelican at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 15:32:00 PDT 2005

Hello, birders.  I've been having a great time visiting Washington during this past week.

I birded at 2 different spots at Green Lake Park in Seattle late this morning and I, too, saw the GREEN HERON on the previously mentioned platform.  I also noted a WESTERN GULL with other gulls on the swimming platform at the NW end of the lake and a preening male BARROW'S GOLDENEYE all by himself in the middle of Green Lake.  Thanks for Megan Lyden for posting the goldeneye sighting yesterday.  It was one of my target birds this week and today was the first time that I saw one.

I'll post other sightings from my trip in the next couple of days.

Scott Baron
Fairfax, Va.
brnpelican AT yahoo.com

Luci Boyle <luciboyle at yahoo.com> wrote:
At about 11AM today while going around Greenlake we
saw the green heron on the stand-alone diving platform
at the swimming beach area, up at the community center
and library end of the lake. It was walking about,
seemingly unagitated. Several gulls and kildeers also
on platform.

Luci Boyle
Seattle