[Tweeters] Gas Prices and Birding Trips

Alan and Wendy Roedell roedell at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 25 09:34:04 PDT 2005

Hi tweets,

I have cut down on non-essential trips including birding trips.  Also, I
have restricted the number of participants on a field trip I'm leading for
Seattle Audubon this Thursday.  There will be just six of us in my Mazda
minivan which will get 24 mpg on the highway.  It makes for a more intimate
experience for us all, too.

High fuel prices should force us to take a closer look at our profligate
ways.  It's not just the cost at the pump, it's all that money going into
the pockets of oil people and the money and lives spent protecting the
source of Oil.  I wish I had a diesel powered van, then I could switch to
Biodiesel.  Like the bumper sticker says, "Biodiesel: No War Required"

Good birding to you all, Alan Roedell, Seattle. mailto; <roedell at speakeasy
.net>