[Tweeters] Strange day

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Thu Sep 8 21:12:17 PDT 2005

Hi Tweets.....as I read the sparrow thread among the blackberry postings I
was struck by a late thought.

I was in a parking lot in the new "villlage" of DuPont, waiting for a
client. Surrounded by newly built shopping centers with their newly planted
landscape, at first the only bird I saw was a very plump White-crowned
Sparrow. It was foraging among the detrius around a storage she that was
open along the top under the eaves, as well as under the gate into the
structure. I couldn't imagine what that bird was finding to eat.

A short time later, two employees of the restaurant next to the structure
unlocked the gate and I could see it contained stacks of firewood...they
specialize in pizza cooked in open flame ovens...and maybe that sparrow was
eating bugs off the wood?

I was in and around that area for a total of four and one-half hours (took a
walk, read, wrote some letters) and finally saw crows of course, then in the
last half-hour two killdeer settled in on the gravelly lot next to the
parking lot. And that's it. Sterile environment!

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores, Wa.
dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com