[Tweeters] WT Kite

sgmlod at aol.com sgmlod at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 14:28:27 PDT 2005

Greetings All

White-tailed Kites may not have been reported in OR because they are resident there. Similarly, they are regular (and not particularly rare) locally in portions of sw WA. I've not actually ever seen on at Ridgefield, and they are certainly rare as far north as Nisqually, but they are fairly common in parts of Pacific (near Chinook), Wahkiakum (Cathlamet area), and other sw. counties (and other portions of aforementioned counties). The overall population is not great and is highest, apparently, in winter. Mid-summer and breeding records are relatively scarce, but of course this is fall migration and I'd expect the wintering birds to start showing up now.

Cheers
Steven Mlodinow