[Tweeters] a busy morning

Dawn Bailey dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com
Sat Sep 17 19:04:44 PDT 2005

Hi Tweets,

after being awakened by a Raven this morning, I figured I should get my butt outside and check out the yard.  The Raven was in a fir tree making all kinds of sounds, it seemed like he was going thru his repertoire of noises and calls.  He almost sounded like he was wooing a perspective mate, though we never saw another Raven in the area till later.

After a cup  of coffee, I went back out and the yard was really warming up.  The chickadees, Chestnut-backed and Black-capped, were really attacking the trees. I was thrilled to see two Brown Creepers, they have been absent since this spring.  I saw a few Hairy and Downey woodpeckers, along with two Flickers all pounding away. The Song Sparrow tried to give me away, but no one seemed to care, and I was lucky to spot two Western Tanagers, two Black-throated grey warblers, along with two Townsend Warblers. The Stellar Jays could not fly by without a comment and the Towhees mewed from the bushes. The Ruby-Crowned kinglets were everywhere. As were the Juncos and Nuthatches. Three Ravens flew on thermals high above us all. And a chipmunk was finding some cached sunflower seeds. A great way to be welcomed home.

Dawn Bailey
Eatonville, WA
mailto:dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com

If you were arrested for being kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?