[Tweeters] question about wood duck

Dawn Bailey dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com
Mon Sep 19 10:00:18 PDT 2005

Hi Tweets,

yesterday a friend and I got to see a brand new plumage wood duck male. he was incredible, the Johnny Depp of ducks!  I have never seen a wood duck look as regal and elegant as this gent.

he was accompanied by two females and one juv.

So I went home and looked up wood duck info and all the books say that the male should have this lovely plumage end of fall and or early winter at the soonest. So it seems very early for this male to me. Of course he has not read the books and is simply a duck with great feathers.

any comments?

thanks in advance!

Dawn Bailey
Eatonville, WA
mailto:dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com

If you were arrested for being kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?