[Tweeters] Hummer feeding on Tiger Mountain but unsure what kind...

D T Rosenoff dtrosenoff at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 15:08:27 PDT 2005

Birding Friends:

How late do the Rufous hummers stick around?

I'm trying to figure out if the bird that I have one occasionally feeding
here on Tiger Mountain south of Issaquah is a laggard rufous female or
something else.

It looks like a very large female but the gorget is small and faded. Having
never seen a Calliope or a Black throated bird on the wing, I wasn't sure
when (and hopefully if) one might appear or whether my friend is just
storing energy for the long migration south.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Information Gondolier, Salvia Gardener & Traveller