[Tweeters] Hummer feeding on Tiger Mountain but unsure what kind...

D T Rosenoff dtrosenoff at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 15:08:27 PDT 2005

Birding Friends:

How late do the Rufous hummers stick around?

I'm trying to figure out if the bird that I have one occasionally feeding
here on Tiger Mountain south of Issaquah is a laggard rufous female or
something else.

It looks like a very large female but the gorget is small and faded. Having
never seen a Calliope or a Black throated bird on the wing, I wasn't sure
when (and hopefully if) one might appear or whether my friend is just
storing energy for the long migration south.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

dtr.
-----
Information Gondolier, Salvia Gardener & Traveller