[Tweeters] some guidance + how big are we?

Hal Opperman hal at catharus.net
Wed Sep 28 19:36:11 PDT 2005

- Tweeters currently has 1639 subscribers. However, many non-subscribers
consult the postings regularly through Jack Siler's website
<http://birdingonthe.net>. It's impossible to say how many exactly, but some
believe the number may equal or exceed the number of actual subscribers.

- One year ago we perhaps had 1200-1400 subscribers, but I'm not absolutely
sure and there is no way to look it up. Five years ago I've an even fuzzier
idea -- perhaps 800-1000. Dan may be able to offer more precise numbers when
he gets back.

- The listowner for OBOL (Oregon Birders On-Line) is Douglas Robinson
<douglas.robinson at oregonstate.edu>. Why not ask him about their past and
present subscription base?

Hal Opperman
(pinch hitting for Dan Victor)