[Tweeters] Osprey nesting chronology

Waddell, Jeromy Jeromy.Waddell at DevineTarbell.com
Tue Apr 4 15:27:59 PDT 2006

Hello Tweeters,

Long time reader - first time poster.

Is anyone aware of any literature that addresses delayed nesting
chronology for osprey at higher elevation nest sites? With the current
snow pack (~140% of normal), extended wintery conditions (new snow over
the weekend), and a nesting site at ~2800' (adjacent to a large lake
that is still mostly frozen), I am wondering what kind of possible
nesting delay may be expected (if any) considering lower elevation
osprey are beginning to nest.

Any thoughts/insights are certainly appreciated.

Jeromy Waddell
Devine Tarbell & Associates, Inc.