[Tweeters] New yard for us!

Ruth and/or Patrick Sullivan godwit513 at msn.com
Wed Apr 26 09:24:41 PDT 2006

Hello Tweets,

This morning we enjoyed a nice new yard bird for us of a unexpected RED-NAPED SAPSUCKER,which moved rapidly around our yard,as well as neighboring trees. The bird finally flew off into other trees along our street,but it was an exciting bird for us! The bird clearly showed characteristics of a "pure" bird and not that of a hybrid with Red-breasted Sapsucker,which is always possible.Overall passerine movements in our yard were much slower than yesterday morning,but a few nice species encountered included the following:

1 adult male Anna's Hummingbird
1-2 Hermit Thrushes
25 Cedar Waxwings
8 Evening Grosbeaks