[Tweeters] Backyard OCW: alive!

Josh Hayes josh at blarg.net
Thu Apr 27 12:19:58 PDT 2006

My only backyard orange-crowned warbler siting in years past has been a
single bird found dead on the back deck, having crashed into a window, poor
thing.

This morning I was sure I heard an OCW singing out there, but I couldn't
find the bird. A little later I was talking on the phone, wandered out onto
the deck, and there he was, foraging in the neighbors' cherry tree, which
largely hangs into our yard, with a gaggle of chickadees for company. He was
very cooperative, let me duck back inside for my binocs and allowed good
looks for five minutes or so. Yay! A new (live) bird for the backyard list.

-Josh Hayes
Josh at blarg dot net