[Tweeters] Five Snowy Owls at Skagit HQ

RIsherwood at aol.com RIsherwood at aol.com
Wed Feb 1 16:49:36 PST 2006

Yesterday Vikki Richardson and I saw five Snowy Owls, all fairly close
together, on the driftwood south of the Skagit Wildlife Area HQ. We had good views
from the bend in the dike about a half mile south of the HQ parking area.

We found no owls, Snowy or Short-eared,at North Fork, Jensen or Hayton Farm,
but did see a Northern Shrike at North Fork, a Peregrine on Maupin Rd, 50 plus
Trumpeter Swans and very large numbers of Snow Geese in the wheat fields.

                   Richard Isherwood
                   Port Townsend
                   Risherwood at aol.com