[Tweeters] last week and sunshine

Joseph V Higbee jvhigbee at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 08:25:38 PST 2006

Hi All

Just read Sunny Walters post on the swans at Johnson DeBay preserve. Super!
I was there last Wednesday but had to settle for flyovers as most were way
out in the fields. It was fun though. The last of a three day trip through
Jefferson, island and Skagit counties with my wife Carolyn.
We started Monday photographing Harlequins, Brant, Cormorants and Crows at
Fort Flagler SP and finished the day looking at scenery at Fort Warden SP.
(loved the sunshine!) Tuesday we tried to see those little dots out in the
water off Point Wilson, then took the ferry to Keystone hoping for better
views. Slow time of day I guess, only one Common Murre photo and a poor one
at that. We spent the rest of Tuesday with Black Oystercatchers, Harlequin
Ducks and a GB Heron at Partridge Point. Wednesday we added little to our
bird count on Whidbey but took in some beautiful scenery in the sunshine.
Did I mention I loved the sunshine?
After the swans mentioned above we stopped by Fir Island and watched the
somewhat dirty by now Snow Geese in the late afternoon sun. Have you ever
tried to take a picture of just one snow goose? Only time I was able was in
flight. They are gregarious birds to say the least.

Photos at: http://www.pbase.com/jvhigbee/current

Joseph V Higbee
Spanaway, WA
Mailto: jvhigbee at hotmail.com