[Tweeters] Feb 11: Tenino to Ocean Shores

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Sun Feb 12 17:28:23 PST 2006

Tweets,
Saturday I birded from Tenino to Ocean Shores. Gorgeous day! The winds on
the coast progressively decreased to become quite calm by mid-afternoon.
Highlights among 77 species:
-- 2 White-tailed Kites-Rock Prairie west of Tenino, along Old Hwy 99 in
small tree opposite (south of) big Dan Dar/Alpaca farmhouse entrance.
-- Meadowlarks singing away (8:45am) in Rock Prairie
-- Rough-legged Hawk-Brady Loop Rd & Foster, west and south of Elma/Satsop
-- Snowy Owls-Damon Point beyond the "pond." Lots of spectators, birders, &
photographers. (Someone's going to have some great shots with the Olympics
in the background!)
-- Snow Buntings-several working the cast-up logs well in from the shoreline
(more good pics--I had one walk up within 25 feet)
-- Rock Sandpiper-several on the jetty with other "rockpipers"
Good birding!
--Paul Hicks
Tenino, s. Thurston Co.
phicks AT accessgrace.org