[Tweeters] Samish Flats Prairie Falcon

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 07:21:34 PST 2006

Dear Tweeters,

On Presidents Day, Howard Armstrong, Bob Kuntz and I
got a good but quick look at a Prairie Falcon that had
been seen by others on the Samish Flats. The bird flew
between perches just north of the east end of Sullivan
Road.

Earlier in the day, Bob and I saw some Barn Swallows
on Fir Island, but our sparrow quest at the Game Range
was pretty much a bust--except for very large numbers
of Song Sparrows, apparently even more of them than of
Golden-crowned Sparrows.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch

near Lyman (Skagit County), Washington