[Tweeters] Return from Ivory-billed Search

Kathryn Hornbein kurlew at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 21 21:22:01 PST 2006

I've been curious about the effect on these very reclusive birds
(assuming the species still exists) of all this renewed human
interest. How are humans in this century going to avoid killing this
bird (again) in their zeal to add it to their life lists? Assuming
that professionals have some sort of magic electric fence around the
habitat, what will be the effect of research intrusions, or birding
groups? (People probably would pay more to see this bird than to go
to the moon or climb Mt. Everest or even take that new cancer drug
reserved for the righteous rich). I'm worried. Is Cornell Lab worried?
kathryn Hornbein
366 W. Lk. Sammamish NE
Bellevue WA 98008