[Tweeters] Feeding

Jason Rogers hawkowl at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:25:33 PST 2006

Look,

We can play the denial game.
We can pretend that food is food no matter where a bird gets it.
We can banish any hope of retaining some nature on this continent ...

Or ...

We can admit that we KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING about the impacts of birdfeeding
and we CAN'T PREDICT how evolution will proceed, so ...

We'll take steps to undo what artificial situations we have control over and
FOCUS our on energies on protecting and restoring the habitats that birds
need WHERE WE CAN.

No one is asking anyone to bulldoze Seattle and plant a forest there.

Write some letters to politicians, give some money--this is how REAL
CONSERVATION gets done.

_     Regards,
( '<  Jason Rogers
/ ) ) Banff, AB