[Tweeters] Anna's Hummingbird nest

Linda Phillips sweetmem at juno.com
Sat Feb 25 07:57:24 PST 2006

Tweeters:
I am going to change the focus of our Hummingbird thread. I encountered a
very agitated female Anna's while I was out for a walk. It occurred to me
she was protesting because I was near her nest. So of course I searched
until I found it. I can't see inside and she did not stay on the nest so
I'm not sure if she has laid her eggs yet.
I am interested in watching as this family grow but I don't want to cause
her to abandon the nest. Do any of you know rules of nest watching
etiquette? How close can I safely view the nest? How often can I check on
it? Can I take pictures of the babies?
Linda Phillips
Kenmore 98028-2616
sweetmem at juno.com