[Tweeters] Seattle Blue Jay and a tagged sea lion

Matt Dufort zeledonia at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 16:37:53 PST 2006

Hello Tweeters,

I found the Blue Jay at the southeast corner of Discovery Park this
afternoon.  The bird was quite vocal but surprisingly hard to see, around
1:15, near the intersection of Thurman and 35th Ave W.  This neighborhood is
quite birdy – I also found Anna’s Hummingbird, Red-breasted Nuthatch, and
quite a few other common Puget Sound residents.

There was a sea lion hauled out on the beach at Discovery that had a
numbered tag on its left flipper (1034).  I think it was a Steller’s, but
don’t have a ton of experience with them.  Does anyone know if there is a
central reporting location for marine mammals like as there is for banded
birds?

Thanks,

Matt Dufort

Seattle, WA