[Tweeters] Wilbur Snowy, Lincoln Co.

Ron rmcclsky at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 25 20:32:22 PST 2006

Hi all,

I have long thought that the country around Wilbur would be ripe for spotting a Snowy Owl. As luck would have it, I was able to get a good view of one this evening. I was driving NW on Hwy 174 btween Wilbur and Grand Coulee. About the time I passed MP 33, A large mostly white owl landed on the right hand shoulder of the highway. I had a car on my bumper so was not able to slow down fast enough to avoid spooking the bird and it flew off a few seconds after landing.

Best wishes,
Ron McCluskey
Cheney, WA