[Tweeters] Sinlahekin Valley, Freezeout Pass

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 17:47:40 PDT 2006

Hi Tweeters,

Just wanted to let birders know that the road through
Sinlahekin (sp?) valley is closed just north of Blue
Lake due to a washout. It appears to be in the
process of being repaired but not sure when it will be
open. This was last Thursday we couldn't get through.
Still had excellent birding up to the closure and
lots of cattle.

I wanted to travel over Freezeout Pass to the WOS
conference but decided against due to a report of snow
closure. The DOT or wildlife dept may have more info
on road conditions if no one replies. I would think
it would be open soon.

If anyone desires extreme close-ups of Yellow-headed
Blackbirds it is a long ways to Osoyoos State Park in
Oroville but this is the place to go. Mary Hrudkaj
and I had them, mostly females on our picnic table
begging for bread.

The conference was wonderful and the Republic area is
very beautiful and definitely worth more visits. I
think many of the birder who had not been there before
would concur.

Roosting in S King County

Do You Yahoo!?