[Tweeters] Need help with a few ID's

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Fri Mar 3 12:04:24 PST 2006

So far we have some dispute about No's 8 and 13. On 8 I'm inclined to
go with House Wren (vs. Bewick's) because of the markings. 13 is, to
my eye, almost impossible to distinguish between Downy and Hairy
Woodpecker, but looking at some other photos from that day, it seems
the beak is nearly the length of the head, which is mentioned in
several sources as indicating the Hairy. Happy to hear other
observations and opinions.

By the way, nearly all the photos were taken at Marymoor or Juanita
Bay Park. The disputed woodpecker was photographed in Oklahoma in
early December in mild weather.

Marc Hoffman
Kirkland, WA
marc at dartfrogmedia.com