[Tweeters] Walla Walla Co. V. G. Swallow

mike denny m.denny at charter.net
Sat Mar 4 21:37:22 PST 2006

Hello all,
A Violet-green Swallow flew over us today at the port of Wallula towards the
Walla Walla River delta - #129 for our county year list. And ML found #130
at McNary NWR - a White-throated Sparrow.
MP 300 ponds were full of Canada and White-fronted Geese and 29 Tundra
Swans. Also lots of the usual variety of ducks.
At the delta were 5800 American Wigeon with only 1 Eurasian. Also lots of
Green-winged Teal and 1000+ Pintails. Dunlin numbers were up with 149 on the
delta and 131 at the overview pond. At the "millet" flooded field on
Northshore dr. were lots of ducks and 1 Least Sandpiper.
We chummed for gulls at the delta but only pulled in lots of Calif. and
Ring-bills.
Enjoyed the sunshine,
MerryLynn
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
1354 S. E. Central Ave.
College Place, WA 99324
509.529.0080 (h)

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BIRDING, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED!