[Tweeters] Snowy Owls/ Fir Island

Lynn Schulz linusq at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 4 19:10:22 PST 2006

Hi Neil & Tweeters:
The sightings are out on what people are calling the "spur dike".  It takes off from the outer portion of the loop trail near the park benches.  Go left about 1/3 mile on a dike road that angles off from the loop trail.  It ends near the river (S Fork).  Take a scope.  When you get about 1/4 mile out on the trail, look out to the bay on the driftwood. The last one to see all the Snowy Owls out there was Tom Aversa I think.  He reported on the WA Birdbox on Feb 21 that there were 8 SNOW out there.
Yours, Carol Schulz