[Tweeters] Mexico RFI

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 20:37:08 PST 2006

Dear Tweeters,

As this seemingly interminable winter winds down, I am
thinking of doing some Neotropic birding this summer.
Mexico appeals to me, because I have never been there,
and also because I am guessing that it might be less
expensive than points south.

I have spent about three weeks birding in Costa Rica,
so I do have some Neotropic experience already; I have
also birded quite a bit in the USA along the Mexican
border. I am interested in going somewhere where I can
see lots of lifers. I speak pretty good Spanish, am
quite comfortable in uncomfortable places, and will
most likely go down there alone.

I would love to hear any suggestions for places to go,
itineraries, ways to maximize habitat coverage,
recommendations, and disrecommendations. If you can
think of a way to bird South America without its being
much more expensive than Mexico or Central America, I
would be interested, too--expecially since I have
amassed what is probably the world's most pathetic
South American bird list, at least for someone who
lived there for over seven months.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch

Yours truly,