[Tweeters] Clark County Mute Swan

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Sat Mar 11 21:20:09 PST 2006

The MUTE SWAN at Steigerwald Lake NWR near Washougal, Clark
County was present again on Saturday, March 11. I was there with a group
of about twelve volunteers doing habitat restoration at 9 am when it flew
in from the West and land in the eastern most body of water. It was still
there when I went past the refuge again at around 3 pm. You might be able
to see it best by driving past the refuge and looking down on that pond
from the shoulder of Highway 14, if you can find a spot where you can see
through the oak forest.

Wilson Cady
Washougal, WA