[Tweeters] Backyard feeding stations and the bird flu

Jason Rogers hawkowl at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 15:16:47 PST 2006

Hi Tina,

I tried communicating this message a few months ago, when I likened the role
that birdfeeding is believed to have played in the mutation and spread of
Mycoplasma gallisepticum to the role that birdfeeding could play in the
mutation and spread of the H5N1 virus. The message was largely ignored.

Unfortunately I think it may take an influenza pandemic to give birders a
little more perspective on ecological matters. But look on the bright side:
at least they can't say we didn't warn them.

_ Regards,
( '< Jason Rogers
/ ) ) Banff, AB
//" " hawkowl at hotmail.com