[Tweeters] Re: The Ediz Hook bird feeder

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Tue Mar 14 18:10:24 PST 2006

Bruce and tweeters,

This is the site I have described in a couple of posts. During the
fall there were lots of Golden-crowned and Savannah Sparrows feeding
there. It's a great place to get photos, as you can sit in your car
just a dozen or two feet away from the activity. Anyone out on Ediz
Hook should check this spot to see what else turns up there, as all
the action probably attracts all the seed-eating birds in the
immediate area. What other shorebirds might be enticed to feed on
this rich resource? Shorebirds often eat fruits and seeds left over
from the summer before when they arrive on their arctic and subarctic
breeding grounds before any insects or spiders have appeared.
Sanderlings, for example, are known to eat grass seeds on the
breeding grounds.

Funny how phrases such as "bird feeder" and "golf club" can have two
distinctly different meanings....

Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115