[Tweeters] re: Birds of the Week: American White Pelican plus greetings

Gldntrt20 at aol.com Gldntrt20 at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 01:10:26 PST 2006

Hi all, Pyramid Lake, Nevada north of Reno is a spectacular viewing and
nesting area for those huge White Pelicans.  I think it is one of the  largest
nesting areas in the western US?  They have Anaho Island to  themselves.  They
feed on Cui Cui Suckers that are indigenous to that lake  as well as Lahontan
Cutthroat.  What an area!

An introduction.  I am John and a lifelong nature-nut.  I am sort  of a list
lurker.  I live on the western edge of Brady Loop Road so I  have seen
probably a good many of you in the distance stopping on the road and  scoping.  Our
property is the farm on Valentine Rd offshoot of the  Brady Loop.  Every week I
check in to see what you folks have seen near  here.  Always fun!

I'll try and post more often about what is in the area.  We are on the  river
itself so I have some really access to many creatures.  There is a  new
eagle's nest in the vicinity so it looks to be a good year.

Good birding and hello to all : )

John Raymond
Brady Loop Road W
Montesano, WA