[Tweeters] Long-billed Curlew and Osprey

Jeff Kozma jkozma at charter.net
Wed Mar 22 20:14:08 PST 2006

When I got home from work tonight, I heard the first Long-billed Curlew displaying this spring and the first one I have seen this year. I am lucky to have this species as a yearly backyard bird and look forward to their displaying calls and aerial acrobatics every spring. Unfortunately, development will soon be pushing them further and further away.

Also saw my first Osprey of the spring near Buchanan Lake in Yakima near one of the annual nesting platforms. Spring is definitely on the way!

Jeff Kozma
East Yakima (Terrace Heights)