[Tweeters] East Meadow excitement (Redmond, King Co., WA)

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 13:00:02 PST 2006

Tweets - yesterday we were beset by incessant light rain, so when I saw the
sun this morning, I decided to make a quick visit to Marymoor.  Yesterday
hadn't felt much like spring, and I was hoping for something better today.

The 2nd bird I saw was a species we didn't have yesterday.  A TREE SWALLOW
was checking out one of  the nest boxes in the East Meadow.

The 4th bird I saw was a SAY'S PHOBE flycatching from fenceposts in the
southern part of the dog area.   This area is still closed of due to flood
damage, but the phoebe could be seen by looking south from the barriers.  It
seemed to be hanging out in kind of the southeastern portion, north of what
I believe is called "Swamp Dog Bridge".  It spent most of its time on
split-rail fence posts.

The phoebe was seen at 10:15 and again several times before noon, so I
expect it's going to be there at least for today and maybe longer.

About 11:15, I had three MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRDS fly east, landing once in the
East Meadow, then continuing east to a tree between the East Meadow and the
model airplane field.  I lost sight of them for a moment, and they
disappeared.

So it was definitely worth the trip out there.

== Michael Hobbs
== Kirkland, WA
== http://www.scn.org/fomp/birding.htm
== birdmarymoor at verizon.net