[Tweeters] Brown Crow...albino? at Lincoln Park

Mark Vernon ma_vern at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 15:31:41 PST 2006

Yesterday, Sunday, I observed a strange looking brown bird at Lincoln Park, in West Seattle. At first I thought it must be an escaped exotic, like a Brown Jay. I got a good look and it made calls just like any regular crow. The outer feathers were tinged brown some fairly light. I think the inner feathers remained black, and was black around the eyes. A very striking looking bird!

  Was this a form of albinoism, or just an unusual color variation?

  I might call it a Chocolate Crow!

  Mark Vernon
  Renton, WA
  mailto ma_vern at yahoo.com