[Tweeters] ODD Canada Goose Behavior.

Al Wagar alwagar at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 15:25:13 PST 2006

Hi Rolan,

 Yeah!  I too was astonished by such behavior.  But  I¹ve seen geese dive
and come up chasing other geese.  The divers  seemed to be young geese, and
along with diving, they were somersaulting and kicking their feet in the
air.  I thought it might be ³adolescent behavior.² A year later, I again saw
geese somersaulting. But this time it was associated with a lot of wing
flapping and perhaps was some sort of courtship display.

Both observations were at the big pond at the Montlake Fill, and I took
video on both occasions.

Al Wagar
Shoreline