[Tweeters] Subject: Re: MYSTERY Bird at Wallace Swamp Creek Park

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Tue Mar 28 20:37:34 PST 2006

Tweets (& Linda),Here's a guess: Purple Finch.Paul HicksTenino, s Thurston
Cophicks AT accessgrace.org------------[Linda Phillips wrote: ...I hear a
new song. I
managed to find it's source. High, 60' in an alder tree was a slender
bird silhouetted against the gray sky, so I couldn't see any details He
was smaller than the  Robin that was in the same tree( about 3/4 the
size). His tail was slightly forked. He sang loud and over and over for
the 10 minutes I watched him and he was still at it when I left him... It
seemed he was declaring his territory. The only thing I heard that even
came close was Warbling Vireo. Could they be here already?
Any guesses?
Linda Phillips
sweetmem AT juno.com
Kenmore 98028-2616]